Wolf Safety is the world’s leading manufacturer of hazardous area portable, temporary, and now, installed lighting, offering the widest range of ATEX and IECEx certified explosion protected lighting and power distribution systems designed in the United Kingdom for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres worldwide.
Our ATEX lighting range includes:
- Portable Ex Lighting - Handheld straight and right-angled torches, headtorches, handlamps, including the renowned Wolflite Handlamp, and warning lamps, with bulb and LED versions available for use with either primary cell or rechargeable batteries and chargers
- Temporary Ex Lighting - Mains and low voltage temporary fluorescent and LED luminaires and floodlites, tank lighting kits, handheld leadlamps, battery operated LED worklites and compressed air operated pneumatic lamps
- Installed Ex Lighting - ATEX Zone 1 LED hazardous area linear luminaires, floodlights, highbay lights and bulkhead lights; intelligent emergency versions are available for the linear and bulkhead ranges, which also feature Directional Linear Optic (DLO) technology
- Temporary Power Distribution - Transformers 230V and 110V to 24V, 230V to 110V, high power transformers, splitter boxes, extension leads and cable reels
- Ventilation - Wolf Safety is the UK's exclusive distributor of market leading Ramfan™ hazardous location ventilation fans, manufactured by the Euramco Group, and also distributor to various other markets around the world
- SOVI™ - Our unique Safe Optimal Voltage Indicator - SOVI™ - technology clearly alerts the user if the light is running out side the certified and optimal voltage range
Wherever an explosive, gas, vapour, mist or dust is present, creating a potential risk of explosion, Wolf Safety has a light with the concept of protection for Zone 0, 1 and 2 to ensure safety.
Such situations can be found in offshore oil and gas, marine vessels, refining and petrochemical industries, food processing, pharmaceuticals, breweries and distilleries as well as firefighting, water treatment and gas distribution. For more info, visit our Industry section.
Wolf Safety is committed to all aspects of quality management by maintaining a management system that satisfies the requirements of, and is certified by an accredited body to the latest International Standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015, plus the additional requirement of BS EN ISO/IEC 80079-34:2020 Potentially Explosive Atmospheres - Application of quality systems for Ex product manufacture, and actively encourages the process of continual improvement within all functions.
- Wolf Safety is committed to continuing to lead on legislative compliance for all Wolf EX products we sell in the UK, the EU and around the world. Every Wolf EX product will be tri-rated with UKEX, ATEX and IECEx marking
- Wolf has the widest range of ATEX approved lighting for safe use in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres
- Minimum certified requirements to Zone 1 IIC T3
- We use the latest and most advanced technology to develop safer, more innovative and reliable products
- Developments in LED technology have allowed us to develop a wide range of Zone 0 lighting products
- It is our policy to continually improve and develop our product ranges to ensure we can offer the safest and best hazardous area lighting solutions possible
- Approximately 60% of Wolf products are exported outside the UK, through our global distributor network
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification by an accredited body
- Wolf Safety is Living Wage Employer, accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
- Wolf was established in Sheffield in 1912 as a manufacturer of safety lighting for mining applications
- The company re-focussed in the late 1970s, targetting industrial markets with its ever-growing safety lighting range
- A high-tech ATEX LED Installed lighting range was introduced in 2021 to complement the existing market leading Portable and Temporary Hazardous Area lighting ranges
- Wolf has over 40 years' experience in the manufacturing of explosion protected lighting