Wolf Safety is the world’s leading manufacturer of hazardous area Portable, Temporary, and Installed lighting, offering the widest range of ATEX and IECEx certified explosion protected lighting and power distribution systems designed in the United Kingdom for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres worldwide.
Welcome to Wolf Safety, where innovation, expertise, and a relentless commitment to safety converge. Established over a century ago, we have since then been at the very forefront of safety lighting solutions for hazardous environments. With a rich heritage steeped in industrial safety, we've evolved to become a global leader in the design and manufacture of Portable, Temporary and Installed lighting for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres. Our journey is a testament to our unwavering dedication to protecting people and assets in some of the world's most challenging working environments. Explore our history, mission, and the core values that drive us as you delve deeper into the world of Wolf Safety.
Our ATEX approved Hazardous Area lighting ranges include:
- Portable Ex Lighting - Handheld straight and right-angled torches, headtorches, handlamps, including the renowned Wolflite Handlamp, and warning lamps, with bulb and LED versions available for use with either primary cell or rechargeable batteries and chargers
- Temporary Ex Lighting - Mains and low voltage temporary fluorescent and LED luminaires and floodlites, tank lighting kits, handheld leadlamps, battery operated LED worklites and compressed air operated pneumatic lamps
- Installed Ex Lighting - ATEX Zone 1 LED hazardous area linear luminaires, floodlights, highbay lights and bulkhead lights; intelligent emergency versions are available for the linear and bulkhead ranges, which also feature Directional Linear Optic (DLO) technology
- Temporary Power Distribution - Transformers 230V and 110V to 24V, 230V to 110V, high power transformers, splitter boxes, extension leads and cable reels
- Ventilation - Wolf Safety is the UK's exclusive distributor of market leading Ramfan™ hazardous location ventilation fans, manufactured by the Euramco Group, and also distributor to various other markets around the world
- SOVI™ - Our unique Safe Optimal Voltage Indicator - SOVI™ - technology clearly alerts the user if the light is running out side the certified and optimal voltage range
Wherever an explosive, gas, vapour, mist or dust is present, creating a potential risk of explosion, Wolf Safety has a light with the concept of protection for Zone 0, 1 and 2 to ensure safety.
Such situations can be found in offshore oil and gas, marine vessels, refining and petrochemical industries, food processing, pharmaceuticals, breweries and distilleries as well as firefighting, water treatment and gas distribution. For more info, visit our Sectors webpage.
Wolf Safety is committed to all aspects of quality management by maintaining a management system that satisfies the requirements of, and is certified by an accredited body to the latest International Standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015, plus the additional requirement of BS EN ISO/IEC 80079-34:2020 Potentially Explosive Atmospheres - Application of quality systems for Ex product manufacture, and actively encourages the process of continual improvement within all functions.
- Wolf was established in Sheffield in 1912 as a manufacturer of safety lighting for mining applications
- In 1933 Wolf purchased a large property in Saxon Road, Sheffield and set up a "New Model Factory" - our home right up to today
- The company re-focussed in the late 1970s, targetting industrial markets with its ever-growing safety lighting range for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Wolf Safety's ATEX lights are now used in virtually every country in the world
- In 2019 Wolf was appointed the exclusive UK distributor for Ramfan, the market leading manufacturers of fans and ventilation products for safe use in hazardous areas
- A high-tech ATEX LED Installed lighting range was introduced in 2021 to complement the existing market leading Portable and Temporary Hazardous Area lighting ranges
- Wolf has over 40 years' experience in the manufacturing of explosion protected lighting
A plaque on the wall of our Saxon Road Works commerates the visit by H.R.H. The Earl of Wessex in 2012 to celebrate Wolf's 100 year anniversary and illustrates our rich heritage in industrial safety.
Widest range of ATEX approved lighting
Wolf has the widest range available of ATEX, IECEx and UKEX approved lighting for safe use in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres
Wolf Safety is committed to continuing to lead on legislative compliance for all Wolf EX products we sell in the UK, the EU and around the world. Every Wolf EX product will be tri-rated with UKEX, ATEX and IECEx marking
Wolf products are available throughout the world through our global distributor network
All Wolf products are certified to a minimum of Zone 1 IIC T3
We use the latest and most advanced technology to develop safer, more innovative and reliable products
By utilising the latest developments in LED technology, we have been able to develop a wide range of Zone 0 lighting products
It is our policy to continually improve and develop our product ranges to ensure we can offer the safest and best Hazardous Area lighting solutions possible
Quality and Environmental Management
ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification by an accredited body
Living Wage Employer
Wolf Safety is Living Wage Employer, accredited by the Living Wage Foundation